The project of integrated promotion of food&beverage and tourism sectors namely “ITALIAN HOSPITALITY – ITALIAN RESTAURANTS WORLDWIDE” was born in 2010 upon the willingness of Unioncamere who, in cooperation with FIPE – Federazione Italiana Pubblici Esercizi and with the operational support of the National Institute of Touristic Research – IS. NA. R.T. – inhouse company of Italian Chambers of Commerce, launches the internationalization of the certification process of Italian Quality connected to Restaurants, throughout the network of Italian Chambers of Commerce Abroad, who were benefiting, from 2010 til 2015/2016, from financial resources within Inter Chambers Fund of Unioncamere.
A seal of quality for Italian Restaurants Worldwide, the real players of this promotional project and nominated as Ambassadors of Italian cuisine and all that come into mind where we think about Italy. It’s absolutely relevant to commend and promote Italian products (food and beverages), territories from which they “come from” and all traditions they keep all along the centuries. Besides, and considering the value of each made in Italy products, we have to fight against counterfeiting phenomenon for Italian food and wine and prevent it as well as we have the duty of support their export worldwide by overcoming those problems related to availability of Italian food and wine.
The objectives of the project are:
- to develop and promote the traditions of Italian food products and upgrade the culture of Italian food and wine by putting in evidence the great value of Italian food culture;
- to enhance the image of Italian restaurants abroad that guarantee respect of the quality standards of Italian hospitality;
- to create an international network of Italian Restaurants Worldwide able to realize promotional events dedicated to Italian excellences productions.
- To counterfeit Italian Sounding phenomena protecting authenticity of Italian food product.
All details about the project are available at the following link >> Marchio Ospitalità Italiana – Il progetto
CERTIFICATION PROCESS – HOW TO GET THE LABEL OF QUALITY
Certification process, which is annula, is managed by the network of Italian Chambers of Commerce Worldwide (ICCA) in close cooperation with ISNART and Unioncamere while the procedure to obtain the Label of Quality is composed of the following phases:
- Phase 1– Information: ICCA realize a communication campaign aiming at informing Restaurants based in their territory of competence about the project “Italian Hospitality – Italian Restaurants Worlwide”.
- Phase 2– Application: restaurants interested in being part of this network send their application form to ICCA, duly fulfilled in and stamped.
- Phase 3– Results: ICCA collect all application forms and, upon a checkup of all documents, accept those restaurants admitted to the evaluation phase which is managed by a Special Committee of Evaluation.
- Phase 4– Checkup: ICCA manage “inspection visits” within those restaurants candidated to the Label of Quality. During the visit, a check-list of evaluation is fulfilled in together with photographic proof, files and declarations.
- Phase 5– The Label of Quality: Evaluation Committee, upon the respect of technical requirements, grant the Label of Quality “Italian Hospitality – Italian Restaurants Worldwide”.
- Phase 6– Information: all restaurants awarded are informed about the results of the evaluation of the Special Evaluation Committee. Communications contain also customized improving recommendation.
- Phase 7– Promotion: during the starting phase of the process and on the occasion of awarding ceremony to certified restaurants (certificate and award), local ICCA organize a press conference or a promotional event involving local and national media and press operators.
Guidelines of the project are available at the following link >> Regolamento Ospitalità Italiana
REQUIREMENTS OK FOR OBTAINING THE LABEL OF QUALITY
In order to get the certification of quality, Italian Restaurants abroad must guarantee the compliance with some requirements defined by Unioncamere and so called 10 GOOD RULES OF ITALIAN HOSPITALITY, general and valid internationally: from the presence of at least one person Italian speaker and of a chef able to cook respecting recipes of Italian tradition, to the menù translated properly in Italian language and composed of at least 50% Italian dishes.
Also wine list must be Made in Italy for at least 30% while in the restaurant it has to be served an Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Italian PDO and PGI products have to be part of the preparation dishes and displayed properly.
Technical requirements are available at the following link >> Disciplinare_tecnico
NEWS FOR RESTAURANTS – PROJECT ITALIAN HOSPITALITY, ITALIAN RESTAURANTS WORLWIDE
After the suspension of the project during 2016/2017 by Unioncamere, Italian Chamber of Commerce in Bulgaria has restaured all activities in 2018, upon the last communication and agreements of Unioncamere-Isnart-Assocamerestero.
Information Desk “Ospitalità Italiana”
Tel: +359 2 8463280/1
Fax: +359 2 9440869
A NETWORK OF 23 ITALIAN RESTAURANTS CERTIFIED WITH THE LABEL OF QUALITY 2018/2019 BY ITALIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE IN BULGARIA (ICCB)
- CINECITTA’ OSTERIA ITALIANA (sito) Sofia
- COME PRIMA – (sito) Bansko
- DA MASSIMO (sito) Sofia
- DEGISTIBUS (sito) Sofia
- I SENSI TUSCANY BISTROT (sito) Sofia
- LA BOTTEGA AL VICOLO (sito) Sofia
- LA BOTTEGA CENTRO (sito) Sofia
- LA BOTTEGA ALL’ANGOLO (sito) Sofia
- LA BOTTEGA DUE PIANI (sito) Sofia
- LA BOTTEGA MONTE (sito) Sofia
- LA BOTTEGA PRIMA (sito) Sofia
- LA CAPANNINA (sitoweb) Sofia
- LA VITA E’ BELLA (sito) Sofia
- LEO’S IL RUSTICO (sito) Sofia
- LEOS’ PIZZA TRATTORIA (sito) Sofia
- MANZO (sito) Sofia
- RISTORANTE PIZZERIA LA ROCCA (sito) Sofia
- PANORAMA (sito) Sofia
- PICCOLA ITALIA (sito) Sofia
- SOCIAL CAFE’ BAR & KITCHEN (sito) Sofia
- THE RESIDENCE EXCLUSIVE CLUB (sito) Sofia
- TRATTORIA VINSANTO PIZZA & PASTA (sito) Sofia
- VIP ROOM – (sito) Bansko